Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Simple Single Life



My status is forever changed. A married woman I am not. It's not as though anything has really changed at all - I've been single for at least six months - and not for the first time.


Being without my husband has only motivated me to minimize, organize and simply my single life. I wouldn't trade it for anything!



facebook - I also had to simplify IT. IT was becoming a monster! Over 476 friends - maybe none of whom really knew what was going on in my life - all who had an idea...or two or three and discussed them freely with others. I was also very overwhelmed by all the status updates I was reading. Some just broke my heart as I felt pain for those I cared about - and others infuriated me with hateful messages to/about their friends, family, life.... I tried to use facebook as a ministry - praying for friends, family - even people I don't know - and I tried to encourage everyone I could as much as I could.



Some "friends" I didn't even know very well, but the Lord used them to bless me in amazing ways. I received 5 Jimmy Johns gift certificates from a friend I went to high school with but have had no contact with until a few months ago. Another friend is someone whom I have never met but we have a plethora of mutual friends from our beloved time on Guam - she sent me a package of baby clothes and items. Other friends have prayed faithfully for my little miracle Abigael and celebrated with me on her arrival.



I cut my list down from 476 to I think about 90. Life is simple. Can you really miss your friends if you don't remember who they were? Facebook is all about life and friends...but my life is not about facebook nor the number of friends I have. I am blessed to have the few wonderful friends I do and I know who they are!


I'm embracing my single and simple life today!


1 comment:

  1. Phew, I made the cut!
    Your and your kids are just gorgeous. What a fantastic little family!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete