Friday, August 7, 2009

A Little Mystery and a Long History


Recently through facebook, I have been befriended by a friend of many friends. I have never personally met Sweet Stefanie, but her feet walked the blessed floors of the CSC and the island of Guam before mine ever touched them.


We are connected to each other in many ways through many people. Our friendship, I believe is quite sincere and we share many similarities and characteristics. It is amazing to me that this can be possible without ever meeting.


As of late, I've been calling out to the Lord for true friendship, so that I can learn and grow and ble blessed but also give of myself by being a friend. My closest and truest friends are all scattered throughout the world and I dearly miss face to face meetings and fellowship.


The 'next best thing' has been this budding friendship via facebook.


Today I received a package that Stefanie had sent to me - a box full of clothes for Abigael that her Avery wore. Avery is almost exactly one year older than Abigael so the clothes will fit and be seasonally perfect.


Within the box of clothes I pulled out a little wooden elephant - something you would expect to see at World Market, but something I would never buy. In fact, of all my elephants in my home, none have been purchased by me - they have all been gifts.


I was quick to thank Stefanie for this precious gift - I thought she intentionally threw it in there having known my love for elephants and the true spirit of fellowship they represent.


Stefanie has never seen this elephant and did not even know it was in her home! How did it get in the box?!??!


God must be reminding me today that he knows the desire(s) of my heart and he must also be reminding me to be grateful for the herd He has placed me in, whether that be at church, here in Grand Rapids, my facebook friends or the CSC family.


It remains a mystery as to where this elephant came from - but I know it was definitely DIVINELY meant to be given to me on this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment