Saturday, March 27, 2010

because she's BETTER than me

I LOVE YOU, EMILY!

She always knows the perfect gift, the perfect words to send my way.
She knows what I need to say, but can't - and even knows when - and, because she loves me...because she's my friend...she thinks of me...she helps me...she loves me even when my life is messy or just *SICK*

that's one reason why she is better than me - she just KNOWS even though she is far far far away in a land that just seems to create cute little lives (when can I go back!??) and I'm here where people are busy earning points on Farmville or Mob Wars or facebook, stalking my wall but never heeding the call...

the other reason is because she sent me these adorable thank you cards...top notch quality, pristine...perfect.

AND she used some of the paper on ME to wrap it all up and send my way...Can I give her one when she sent it to me? The pressure is on! I have to find something just as wonderful with a warm citrus kiss to return to sender - because she's better than me.



I dont' want to use these cards. I want to keep them and look at them and remember my friend. But. Because she is better than me and shows me LOVE that expects nothing in return - I will follow suit and thank the few elephants who have used their 40,000 muscles in their trunks to *lift me up* during this time.

The good and bad part of it is - I'll be able to thank the friends who have helped, provided a meal (two wonderful women!) and helped me prep food...but I'll have plenty to keep...I hope for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they got to you so quickly! They are so super cute in a nice little pile. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to keep them all nice and crisp in their packages. :-)
    Savor them for a little while - then pass them on. **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete