Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I miss my Abby


Back to the grind after three really long weekends in the last month. I loved Christmas time this year. I was able to just BE and spend time with my precious children. I wonder if I will ever completely get over the sadness I feel every morning when I drop them off at daycare - or if that anxious and excited sensation that overcomes me on my way home from work(the energy that forces my foot to press a bit harder on the gas pedal) will every subside and finally disappear.

Abigael just came through a tremendous growth spurt. She grew 2.5 inches and gained 2 lbs some ounces in just two and a half months! She's still a little dainty girl...with a precious round belly and cute chubby thighs that, well...are a miniature version of mine :) I think she's chubby because Noam NEVER had a fat roll on his long torso EVER. Abbys is just one roll after another. But many people comment on how little she really is - and how I have to fatten her up.

At six months she babbles and coos and has the most endearing belly laugh. She sits up, but not too long nor too steadily. She does not have a fascination with her feet and toes as Noam did, nor the same loving response to rhythmn and music...but she is as content as content could be. Also unlike Noam was. When she wears piggy tails she looks like BOO in Monsters, Inc.

I write all this down because I miss her. When I bring her to daycare she is sleeping. When I pick her up from daycare she is sleeping. She wakes up around 8:30 to eat one more time before bed - and that's it. I get the weekends to play with her.

I miss her all day. She's growing up without me. In just a short six months of life, Abigael has already had great purpose. She will be debuting in a national Sanctity of Life letter going out to over 5,000 across the nation. I hope her story gives other women courage to choose life and see the face of God in their own precious babies.

So where I may be missing her - she may just be showing up in your mailbox in just a few months! Pray that I will cherish every precious minute I have with her. Until I can REALLY invest in her life and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment