Sunday, January 24, 2010

Circles

Going to bed, I thought early tonight. I was wrong. I delayed my sleep to do what's right only to wind up feeling wronged. I try, I try
and I try. Can anyone argue otherwise? To do great work until all is well and done with results such as ten plus ten equals one.
Not so much fun. The slightest slight, the settle downs - either I don't exist or I'm the silliest of clowns. Some blessed assurance I'd like to find
rescued from pitiful polka dots, these thoughts circling in my mind. I feel out of place here and imagination runs wild when fed by fear. Yes, I know it's another year, but please let me shed just this one single tear.
Drop

stop

it's like I have wandered in the desert for thirty years and my promised land is just in sight. I'll arrive, finally, within a week or perhaps a fortnight. Except what I expected to see was Canaan, milk and honey flowing for me but I see Egypt instead - only harsh reality and enslavement wait for me.

This cistern broken, crumbled from poison, scarred with gangrene needs to be filled again with something good, pure and clean. Begging for scraps like a dog at a table Give me more faith, lead me by day and by night - Let me be more able!
Put your mark on my head so I can be protected as I go to finally tread on holy land there at the stable where Jesus the infant king lay in moss Let me see glory in humility and life through the cross.



Break me more so I can see the good and faithful servant you claim I will be
Yes, Lord I'm ready. Break me...

No comments:

Post a Comment