Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sometimes I Forget Who I Am

What's my name? BELOVED. There will be days when I am all too aware of my shortcomings - where I will be desperate to be free of shame, false guilt, the fear of man, and the cruel and hard beatings I place on myself for what I should have said, what I didn't say, what I meant to do, what I didn't - you know ... Days like today. These are the days I shall remember I am chosen; that I am given grace for grace-that the Lord is so much better than I think He is ... that I am "beloved". That is, after all, what the "Amy" portion of my name means. "Lynn" means water or "from the lake". Yes, indeed, knowing and believing I am loved, I shall abide in living water. And when the events of the day scorch my spirit, I shall dig deeper in surety, knowing I will find a stream in the desert. I don't need to be consistently perfect. I don't need to fix a situation or heal every hurt or save the world. I'm pretty sure someone took care of all that already. Maybe I just need to be a little girl. More dependent. Ready to share my bubus and owies and ask for healing. Today, I will believe my name is my Father's favorite name to whisper. I will believe that He adores me and celebrates my simple company. So I will sit. Here. Today. I will be loved. I will be forgiven. I will be grace-filled. I will be heard. I will be loved. I will be all He knows I am. And that will be enough. Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment